Rules & Terms of Entry
1. Entries in foreign languages must come with Spanish - English subtitles (This is an International Film Festival English Rules).
2. All entries must have been completed AFTER 2017
3. Any film submitted to the L'HIFF can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance.
4. Works in progress are accepted.
5. You must own or be given all of the rights to anything you submit to the festival.
6. Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. But keep in mind the entry fee must be paid for each one.
7. At our discretion, we may choose to transfer a film to the correct category, but only if the appropriate level of submission fee has been paid.
8. A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final. Except for the audience award, separate juries select festival winners
9. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
10. Winners will be presented with their awards during the L'HIFF Awards Ceremony Gala, which will take place at the festival on November 13 2020 18:00H PHOTOCALL - 19:00H Barcelona Spain Time.
11. Submissions are NON-refundable. We cannot be held liable for materials which are lost or damaged.
12. We totally retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online website + platforms or email.
I also acknowledge that the film submission fee does not guarantee acceptance and no refund will be provided if my film is not selected. Applicants who do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
L'HIFF Our Statament for filmmakers participating!
L’HOSPITALET DE LLOBREGAT INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL is committed to allowing
attendees to experience the L'HIFF free of harassment, racism, discrimination, sexism and
threatening or disrespectful behavior. We totally reserve the right to revoke,
without notice or refund, credentials or access to Festival events and venues
for those who engage in such horrible conduct.